Wednesday, January 26, 2005

WOW

104 hits yesterday and 38 already today. Man, this Blog Explosion thing is great. Thanks for all the comments. I've enjoyed surfing some of your sites. As I type, I'm eating warmed over pizza that spent the last 14 hours unrefrigerated. I'm doing it to prove a point. Well, I'm really doing it b/c I'm broke and it was left over from last night's college Bible Study and I'm about to starve, But if it'll prove a point, so be it. We are an anti-bacterial society. Let's wipe out all the germs. Let's stifle our immune systems. Make it to where they don't ever have to fight anything. We give antibiotics to any kind of illness even if it's not germ related and our society has become immuned to its effects. Real germ and bacteria strains are getting stronger and our systems are getting weeker. While talking to a nurse friend of mine about anti-bacterial body wash, he told me we need some germs around. He'll do the hand thing, but let regular soap take care of the rest of him. He's around sickness all day long and he hardly ever gets sick. SO, I eat this old, unrefridgerated pizza withold cheese and soy product meat look-a-like thingies to prove a point. If I get sick and die, you can say, "I told you so." My tombstone can read "The pizza did him in." Man, that would really be ironic for a dead youth pastor. l8r

1 comment:

jenianddean said...

Good for you ... it's nice to hear someone who actually understands the value of building up a little resistance. Some sickness is a good thing. People thought I was nuts when I was happy we didn't have enough flu vaccine...