Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Oops, I may have been mistaken.

Remember the other day when I wrote nothing was broke. Well, I may have ben mistaken. I have been fighting with a sore wrist since the ski trip. I thought it was just an arthritis flair up, but it may be more. Most arthritis goes away after about a week of Alieve, but not this one. IT HURTS when I do this. I know, You're thinking, "Well don't do that." But if you were to have eyes in your monitor, pretty much any movement of my left hand causes tremendous pain. I have a Dr. appointment this morning and hopefully it's nothing major. Nothing will stop me from finishing out the ski season accept maybe death or dismemberment. After 2 weeks of 70 + degrees, winter has finally made it back to the south. High today is 38 with teens tonight. I love it. I also means the NC mountain ski slopes are blowin snow like crazy. My day is coming. I hope your day is wonderful and bundled up. Electric Fire Places, no real fire, I don't think it even gives heat. I don't underrstand it, but hey, sounds interesting. I'm going to make a special trip to Lowe's just to check it out. Gotta go to staff meeting. l8r. Later on in the day... I just got back from the Dr. and good news. Nothing is broken. I have tenditinitus. What is that you ask? I did to. Tendons on the edge of the wrist between the thumb and forearm get irritated and inflamed causing pain during stretching and gripping. What causes it? Heavy lifting, hard gripping...and yes too much XBox. I have XBox Thumb. Has anybody else ever heard of this. My Dr. put 2 and 2 together and mentioned several teenagers have been in since Christmas with the same delimma. I think we need to file a class action suit against XBox for the production of a more ergonomic controller. He put me in a thumb / wrist brace thingy and said take 2 alieve and call me in the morning. Well, in a couple of weeks. We also discussed my ongoing battle with ADD. As of late, I have been losing the medication wars. I'm trying something new. I told him a little ADD is ok and actually helpful to my job, but full blown, it's a horrific foe that must be contained. We'll see over the next few days if my new medication does any good. In the mean time, I'll just use it as an excuse to get away with stupid stuff. buh bye for now, i have to chase the gnat that's been flying around my head for the last few minutes. l8r

2 comments:

Rick said...

want me to tell mom? :)

Rick said...

xbox thumb, huh?

want me to tell mom?

and kim?!?