Monday, January 3, 2005

MONDAY!!!!!

So i went into a convenience store yesterday to get some gum, pM&M's and some sweet tarts for the missus. As I got ready to pay the clerk asked me if I had gas. I couldn't resist. I answered, "Man, that must have been a good one, I let it go all the way across the store. Excuse me." He responded with a rude sneer and I said, "My gas didn't come from here, but thanks for asking." I really don't want to be here today. I've had a great time NOT WORKING the past several weeks. There are times I really enjoy my job as a youth pastor. I just went skiing with another church and had a blast, spent some good time with kids yesterday, and really had the last 2 weeks with almost nothing to do work related. It was nice. But today, it's back to the grind. Paper work, planning, check requests, staff meeting, yada yada... I could have slept in today. I could have played xbox. I could have rode the dirt bike, I could have gone to see the Incredibles, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I gotta be at work!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, now that's out of my system, I'll be OK. I'm getting ready for our ski trip to WV. If you are a youth pastor, maybe you've learned your lesson. Just because a kid is excited about a trip and tells you I'll pay you next week doesn't mea they'll actually carry through with it. While you want to curse them with bad hair and zits for the next month or so, you just smile and say, "You're gonna miss a lot of good stuff." 45 turns into 25 real quick, no matter how early you ask for deposits. Oh well. We'll have a great time anyway. New year resolutions I'll probably NOT kepp after a week or 2. 1. Lose weight 2. break my addiction to p-nut M&M's 3. Stop playing so much XBox 4. Get out of debt I'm going to leave it at 4. No more. I also want to pump up the walk with God. More practicing what I preach. More accountability with the kids. More focus on developing adult and student leaders. These are the ones I WILL do. The others, eh, I'll take 'em or leave 'em, but these are solid. Happy new year!

No comments: