Monday, June 21, 2010

Fighting the GPS

Do you ever carry on conversations with your GPS? Mine get rather heated. Just today on the way to Greenville (I WAS very impressed it picked up the road construction and detour information from I-385) we had a minor disagreement that lead to 14 recalculations and me feeling superior to the machine because I got to our destination a whole 2 minutes before she said we would. Take THAT Robyn, or Marilyn or whatever your name is. 
If I knew the way, why did I use the GPS in the first place? I think just for the joy of being right once in my life and being able to rub it into someone's face. Here's how the conversation went.


Garman: in 500 yards turn right
Me: nah I don't think so
Garman: recalculating... in 400 yards make a uturn
Me: Yeah? I DON'T THINK SO
Garman: recalculating... in 300 yards turn left and MAKE U UTURN
Me: NO, I WILL NOT!! YOU ARE WRONG CHICK!! I GOT THIS
Garman: recalculating... continue 2 miles and turn right
Me: Yeah, that's what I thought you stupid machine. Booyah!! YOU Finally figured out I'm RIGHT!! I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!!


As you can tell, I don't get to argue very much and when I do, I never win. Thank you Garman Robyn Marilyn for restoring my manhood and yielding to my superior directional skills.

No comments: