Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 39

39 days ago I started an experiment. I wanted to eat less and exercise more to lose some weight and build some endurance for the new year. Week 1 - gained 2 lbs. Week 2 - gained 2 more, Week 4 - lost 2 lbs. Week 5 - lost another 2 lbs. I have one more day, but as of Sunday, I've come full circle. My exercise has been sporadic at best. Fatdog probably lost and gained as well, we'll weigh him tomorrow too. 
Spiritually, I've been reading the Bible through in 90 days. I'm almost a month into it and have made it to 2 Kings. Transition has been the story of my life. Change is never easy, but I can say that most of the time, it's best. God is doing something great in Me, my wife, our church, and our community. Sometimes I feel like I'm spinning, getting dizzy, about to puke. But most of the time, I'm enjoying the excitement of the ride. Psalm 62:5-8 has been my heart's cry. 
In the mean time, Kim and I are starting a new "wellness" plan that includes healthy food and depriving myself of cheesecake. We'll see how it works.
SO tomorrow is it. 40 days...

No comments: