Friday, November 25, 2005

wide awake

I could not sleep last night. I've had several nights in the last week like this. Racing mind, weird dreams, but last night I decided to just stay up. Kim was wide awake as well so we made an interesting trip to walmart @ 1am. The only reason it was unusual was b/c we haven't done the 1 am walmart trip since college. 24 hr walmart to a college student is AMAZING even when you don't have money. Everything was normal last night. Almost every employee was getting ready for the sale that was to take place a few hours ago. I really wanted the new Garth Brooks Box set. they weren't out yet. We got home around 2. Kim stayed up to meet her mom on the shopping spree before daylight, I watched vh1 child stars until I finally fell asleep. Kim got home from the mad thanksgiving rush a while ago. KMart, Walmart, and Kohl's. She said it really wasnt that bad. Kohl's was the worst. She even went back to Walmart to get something mom couldn't find across town. I asked if she saw any good fights. No dice. Everybody was nice and kind. I remember being very young in Covington Georgia. We were visiting my grandmother and walmart was NEW. I saw to old ladies fighting over a cabbage patch kid. They were punching, pulling and scratching. Ever since that traumatic event, I have been terrified of shopping on the day after thanksgiving. At least that's my excuse. I have a lot of things that need to be done today, but as for now, I'll sit in the reciner with peppy, watch some DVR-ed tv and finish my coffee. Chores will wait.

No comments: