Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Prestige

Thanks to a rain postponed football game my wife and I went to see The Prestige last night. I have been anticipating this movie since I saw the preview during the very predictable and poorly written "The Illusionist." Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman are two of my favorite actors of this generation. The mystery thriller turned out to be very predictable. I figured it all out about halfway through. The opening scenes fortell the entire story line. By using three different timeline flashbacks, the story unfolded just as I expected. I was able to whisper every detail to my wife before it happened. Either I'm getting good at mystery thrillers or this one refused to challenge. Good flick, but out of 10, I have to give it a 6 because I like Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale. Wait for the DVD.

No comments: