Friday, August 25, 2006

Don't Marry A Career Woman

I'm kicked back in the recliner, sipping coffee, enjoying my morning off, surfing on these 30 second per blog traffic grabbers, and vaguely listening to the Today Show. I just heard about a Forbes article that included an opinion of a web writer who had told men not to marry career women. According to the Today Show, women ALL OVER AMERICA are OUTRAGED! It's a kick back to the 50's! According to one woman, every time women advance, MEN, STINKIN' MEN, try to hold them back. Forbes pulled the article and re-inserted it next to another article by a happily married career woman. WHO CARES???!!!!! Why is the written opinion of one man news worthy? Slow news day? Can't report any more death, dismemberment, Tom Cruise Blues? WHO CARES???!!!!!! Why has it outraged so many working women? Nothing else to do? Worried about pink slips from pig male bosses? At least it will cut down on the nerdy guy in the mail room stalking you, RIGHT? WHO CARES!!!???? This adds to my disdain for all the local and national news asking for "YOUR OPINION" through polls and phone calls. If I want your opinion, I'll ask you, but mostly, I don't care. I hope the feeling is mutual. Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Rick said...

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd give you one worth having."